2 minute readHow Many Terabytes of Storage Are You Wasting?
Despite improvements in storage technology, some enterprises are still struggling to attain storage efficiency through the myriad strategies and services offered by storage vendors.
In a recent Storage magazine survey, 66% of respondents reported that their use of disk storage capacity was less than optimal and needed some improvement.
While 34% of respondents rated their use of disk storage capacity as ‘good’ or ‘excellent’…
- …51% of respondents said their use of capacity had ‘room for improvement,’
- …and 15% of respondents rated their use of capacity as ‘poor’ or ‘terrible.’
How Can We Improve Efficiency?
Since 40% of respondents said that they are wasting 25-50% of their capacity, improving the way you manage your disk storage capacity could help you reduce your IT costs and improve your bottom line. Better use of your capacity can prevent unnecessary upgrades, and allow you to use your IT budget for crucial projects that need extra funding.
According to Storage magazine, 68% of respondents said that they would be able to better manage their use of disk storage capacity if they were given the right tools.
So, what tools can we use to improve storage environment efficiency?
- At 49%, storage tiering (both automated and manual) is the most frequently used strategy for enterprise efficiency.
- 48% of respondents stated that data archiving helped them control capacity demands.
- 30% of respondents said that using independent, third-party applications helped them manage capacity and improve efficiency.
Interested in how you can improve the way you use disk storage capacity in your enterprise? You can find more resources about how to improve your efficiency in our Learning Center:
Looking to improve your efficiency through storage tiering or other strategies? Reliant Technology can help you achieve your goals and reduce your storage costs. Talk to a dedicated Reliant Storage Specialist today to get the storage you need at a price you can afford.