There happen to be a few things you may not know about used EMC storage. This includes ways to save money, find lightly-used or unused storage at significant savings as well as creative ways to use EMC CLARiiON that will help you obtain additional storage and capacity.
1. Buying used EMC CLARiiON storage can typically save you an additional $10,000 to $25,000 per tray of disk.
What could you do with that kind of money in your pocket? New VMWare tools? Maybe upgrade your backup solution? Maybe a justification to setup a raise or bonus structure for your team?
2. Not all used EMC CLARiiON storage equipment is old.
No one buys EMC 9GB drives anymore! You can purchase quality, current used EMC CLARiiON hardware – such as used EMC 450GB fiber channel drives and used EMC 1TB SATA drives. Trade-in options are also available.
3. Used EMC CLARiiON storage equipment comes from the strangest of places.
Reliant Technology buys used EMC hardware from Mergers, Bankruptcies, Returns, Overstock Scenarios, and more. If you have lightly-used EMC CLARiiON drives,EMC DAEs, or EMC Controllers, that you are not using? We will buy them for you or allow you to trade them in against equipment you need and want to buy.
4. Used EMC CLARiiON storage sometimes isn’t used or refurbished at all – it’s new and may have never been used.
Have you ever seen a new car for sale by a private seller? Maybe they changed their mind? Maybe their wife got mad and made them return the sports car? Things happen.
5. Used EMC CLARiiON can be used for a variety of applications.
Aside from production, Used EMC hardware can also be used to build a tier 2 or tier 3 storage platforms. It may also be financially beneficial to use refurbished EMC equipment at your Disaster Recovery location or to migrate data.
6. Used EMC equipment goes by many names.
Used, refurbished, refurb, pre-owned, New-In-Box or New-open-box EMC.
7. Used EMC equipment from Reliant Technology will arrive in the same working condition as new EMC hardware from the manufacturer.
Reliant Technology only sells quality tested used EMC and refurbished EMC hardware. In the unlikely event that a piece of EMC hardware does go down, you’re covered by a 1-year next business-day replacement warranty.
Are you interesting in finding out how your company can leverage used EMC equipment to save money? Reliant Technology helps IT professionals like you architect EMC storage systems and upgrades that drive business value. To speak with an EMC storage expert about an coming project or upgrade call 877.227.0828, email sales@reliant-technology or fill out the form on this page to get started.