1 minute read6 Ways To Leverage Used Brocade Equipment
1. Remove bottlenecks resulting from switch to switch connectivity (ISL loops). Used Brocade directors such as the Brocade 48000 or Brocade M10K (formerly McData) can be purchased for $50,000-$100,000 less than new and remove the connectivity issues in your SAN architecture.
2. Think about using used Brocade SAN Switches or Directors your Disaster Recovery (DR) location. Refurbished DWDM or FCIP line cards and switches can also be bought to enable site to site replication connectivity.
3. Consider Used Brocade Line Cards to upgrade your Brocade Directors, helping to give you additional SAN ports for ISL loops, Servers, LTO tape drives and VTLs.
4. Imagine using refurbished Brocade 2Gbps SAN switches to build out a cheap SAN for dev, test or a remote location for less than $2,500.
5. Weigh your options, as both 4Gbps and 8Gbps Brocade switches are available new and used. Think about upgrading to 8Gbps infrastructure for core production and revert to 4Gbps for edge connectivity if budget is an issue.
6. Used Brocade switches can save you $8000-$200,000 helping to bring your overall SAN upgrade within budget.
Reliant Technology helps IT professionals like you architect storage solutions using Brocade systems and upgrades. To speak with a Brocade expert about an upcoming project or upgrade, call 877.227.0828, email email@example.com or fill out the form on this page to get started.
Subscribe to our newsletter for blog, End-of-Life (EOL/EOSL) dates, and data center news and information.
Reid is the founder and CEO of Reliant Technology and for 14 years has pursued his mission to remove the pain associated with maintaining IT infrastructure. Reid writes on common challenges related to maintaining, servicing, tracking, budgeting, and upgrading technology.
When you have Reliant Technology support your data center, you help us support SERV International and provide thousands of meals for starving children.
About Reliant Technology
As Data Center and storage experts, Reliant Technology is available to provide consultations and solutions to your server backup needs. Our experienced engineers and IT specialists are ready to help you determine the best option for your Data Center. If you have a topic you would like to see discussed, or if you would like to submit an article for possible publication, please, get in touch with us.