One of the services offered by Reliant Technology is the rental or leasing of storage hardware that your organization can customize to fit your storage environment for a variety of needs.
All of the hardware available for rental follows our rigorous testing process, the Reliant Rock-Solid Certification Program, to ensure that the equipment you receive is of the highest quality, whether it is for one week or over a year.
What else might you need to know before considering renting or leasing hardware for your EMC storage environment?
What EMC hardware is available to rent (1 week – 12 months) or lease (12+ months)?
• EMC Storage Arrays: If you can buy it, you can rent it from Reliant. Reliant has VNX, CLARiiON, and Celerra storage arrays available.
• EMC DAEs (Disk Array Enclosures): Individual enclosures with various drive types (SSD, Fibre Channel, SAS, NL-SAS, or SATA).
• EMC Connectrix SAN Infrastructure: OEM CISCO and Brocade are also available for rental.
What are some of the benefits of renting EMC hardware?
1. Preserving capital for long-term project. Do more with your IT budget. It’s the middle of the year and your big budget doesn’t really come in until December. What do you do to tide you over? Rent out some EMC hardware to get you over the hump. You could also consider financing or leasing your long-term storage needs without having to pay the full out-of-pocket price for your hardware.
2. Testing out potential options to overcome a performance bottleneck. If you want to test out an upgrade that you think may work for your storage environment, but aren’t ready to purchase yet, rent it until you see positive results and then convert it into a purchase.
3. Handling seasonal workloads. Renting additional equipment, such as DAEs, can help you maintain your high-performance level during your busy season without investing a significant amount of your IT budget for hardware you may only need for a short period of time.
4. Migrating on your own timeline. Increase uptime and decrease risk by using flexible EMC hardware rentals while you move your storage environment on your own schedule.
5. Duplicating a production environment during a data center move. Setting up a temporary site can help prevent downtime and allow for continuous business operations while moving your data center. Renting can also help minimize risks of your assets not shopping, installing, or configuring on time.
Whether you’re considering moving a data center, managing difficult capacity needs, or migrating to a different platform, change is a constant factor. To help accommodate various short-term requirements for your IT resources, check out Reliant’s flexible rental services by reaching out to one of Reliant’s storage consultants via phone, chat, or email.